Paul Coughlan – 027 223 3028 – email@example.com
Leyton Tremain – 021 719 900 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Craig Moley – 027 560 0766 – email@example.com
· Enter before midnight Tuesday 4th Feb to have your name included in the ITM 23 Programme
· The course starts and finishes on the athletics track at Ngā Puna Wai before heading out on the smooth roads around Aidanfield via McMahon Drive and return. Full traffic management is in place with a mixture of closed roads and roads reduced to one way / lane.
· This event was developed for the purpose of providing an income stream to support the International Track and Field Trust to deliver the annual International Track Meet. The charitable objectives of the International Track and Field Trust are:
o to provide competitive opportunities for aspiring athletes, with a proven record of helping develop international careers for the likes of Tom Walsh, Angie Petty, Lauren Bruce and Hamish Carson, who all got their first taste of international competition in our events; and
o to showcase current Kiwi stars like Walsh, Bruce, Hamish Kerr, Zoe Hobbs, and Sam Tanner, against international competition – something we can finally do this year with borders open to offshore athletes from around the world who we have welcomed to our past events.
· The International Track Meet carries Bronze status on the World Athletics Continental Tour, the highest World Athletics ranking possible in New Zealand, giving the athletes involved the opportunity to gain bonus ranking points to assist them in qualifying for major championships, which will see the very top athletes target this meet for their pinnacle performances in the domestic season.
· Entry is open to all runners, either as an individual or as part of a team of three. If you are entering as a team, please ensure all entrants enter the exact team name when entering, so you can be grouped for results and prize allocation purposes. Team categories are:
o Coach – team of athletes all coached by the same coach
o Club – team from the same sports club, ANY code (not just athletics clubs).
o Corporate – team from the same company or organisation
o College – team of year 9 to 13 students enrolled at the same school
o Crew – any other collection of 3 people, no matter your connection
· Included in the entry process is the functionality to make a donation to the International Track and Field Trust, and/or to upgrade your $25 race entry to a $295 Supporters Club membership. Direct donations to the Trust are also welcomed (SBS Bank, account number 031355 0698641 00), and a tax receipt can be provided upon request.
· Supporters Club Membership includes a ticket to one of our excellent partners luncheons (either Fri 10th Feb 2023 or Fri 24th Nov 2023), your entry to The FAST Five and an invitation to join us at our VIP / Partners hosted and catered trackside marquee – the best way to enjoy International Track Meet. Being part of the Supporters Club is an excellent way to support the sport and the International Track and Field Trust.
· Entries received by midnight on Saturday the 4th of February will see their names published in the complimentary International Track Meet programme provided by Spectrum Print.
· Entries will close at midnight on the 14th of February – late entries after this time cannot be accepted this year.
· Numbers and programmes will be available for collection between 10am and 5pm on Friday 17th and Saturday 18th February at REPRESENT FOOTWEAR in the Guthrey Centre, Christchurch City Central (behind Nespresso, outside Lichfield Street Carpark, Cashel Mall side), or between 9.00am and 10.45am on race day from the High Performance Throws Centre (known as HPT, or “the Marshmallow” – this is behind the 1500m start on the track) at Ngā Puna Wai.
· Timing chips will be issued upon presentation of your race number to the desk in the HPT Centre between 9.00am and 10.45am on race day. Upon completion of the event, you will exit the Ngā Puna Wai track via the gate and marquee at the north end, and chips are to be returned there. Seats will be available. Your race number is yours to keep.
· Gear storage is available from 9am on race day in the HPT Centre. All bags and belongings should be reclaimed from here by 1pm on race day.
· Access from the HPT Centre to the track is via the course entrance adjacent to the 200m start & Athletics Canterbury gear shed before the race, and via the stairs adjacent to the 1500m start and hammer cage after the race.
· Entry to Ngā Puna Wai athletics track is via the main know as “gate A”.
· In entering this event all participants have agreed to an event waiver whereby they enter and participate at their own risk, and are responsible for their own actions at all times with no liability to the organisers, sponsors, or associated parties.
· This event is organised by Track Events Ltd, as a fundraiser for the International Track & Field Trust, in order to facilitate the organisation of the International Track Meet. As such, in the event of cancellation or individual unavailability, no refunds will be offered.
· The official number must be worn on your front, and be clearly visible – great for you, your event sponsors, and commentators.
· You must not tamper with or adjust your race number in any way.
· You must follow the course as set out in the event programme (issued with your race number).
· You must obey the directions of course marshals, traffic management personnel, and police at all times.
· You must stay within the lane allocated and give way to traffic at all times, unless advised otherwise by course marshals, traffic management personnel, or police.
· Entrants being overtaken must give right of way to faster entrants during the race.
· You must not be accompanied or assisted in any way by cyclists, vehicles, animals or people not entered in the race. If you choose to wear headphones, you must remain aware of your surroundings and able to hear factors such as traffic, other runners around you, or instructions from course marshals.
· Absolutely no child buggies, cycles, skateboards, scooters or roller blades are permitted to be taken in the event.
· The event is open to entrants 13 years of age and older. Teams entrants in the “College” category will be accepted from year 9 to 13 students only.
· Only entrants wearing the official race number will be allowed to enter the Ngā Puna Wai athletics track to the finish.
· Any entrant who contravenes general competition or race rules will be ineligible for prizes.
· The course closes at 11:45am – entrants approaching the finish after 11.40am may be directed to an alternative finish line outside the Ngā Puna Wai athletics track.
· By participating in this event, you grant the organisers an irrevocable right to use your name, result, and/or images from the event for future promotional purposes. No images taken during the event can be used by any party for commercial purposes without the written consent of Track Events Limited or the International Track & Field Trust.
· We will collect certain information in the course of your entry that is subject to the Privacy Act. Your information will be stored by us, and certain details may be published in the programme and results for this and future events. We may contact you using various forms of unsolicited electronic communication regarding this or other events. You may contact us at any time to review what personal information we hold, or to request that we no longer make any further unsolicited communications.
If you accept the Terms and Conditions as above please click to Register below
International Track Meet 2023 – Event Information, Terms and Conditions
· Application for entry is open to all athletes who meet the entry standards.
· Acceptance to the International Track Meet and final inclusion in the fields is at the absolute discretion of the organisers.
· Entries will close at midnight on the 4th of February. Late entries may be included after this by the organisers, but will not be published in the event programme.
· There will be a pre-meet media conference on Friday the 17th of February at 3pm, at the Hub café at Ngā Puna Wai. High profile athletes are asked to make themselves available for media and pre-event interviews at this time – the organisers will confirm the availability of those required closer to the event.
· Information about number bib collection and implement certification will be included in the information for athletes to be circulated to entrants ahead of the meet.
· Entries are not transferable to other people.
· Because this meet carries Bronze status on the World Athletics Continental Tour, it will be run under World Athletics rules.